Pages

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Whew! Made it just in time

Off the needles at 11:30pm on Friday:


Basic toe-up socks for LazyHusband, made from custom-dyed self-striping yarn (in Virginia Tech colors) from WhimsyPinsy. I loved how this yarn knit up, and she got the guage on the stripes exactly how I had requested. Thanks a ton - the socks look great!

And in the mailbox at 3pm Saturday:

Colorway Octarine from Twisted Fiber Art. I really like that Meg offers her colorways in different blends of yarn, so even if she's sold out in one type you can pick up the same color in a different fiber blend. The particular yarn that I bought is 30% bamboo, so it will be interesting to see how differently it knits from the 100% superwash I'm used to using. Hopefully it doesn't bag out like the 100% bamboo I knit into this sweater, which becomes 3 sizes larger after wearing it for an hour or so.

Oh, and Meg sent along a little bonus sample of another colorway, Karma, in her 100% superwash merino yarn:
Is that not the cutest skein you've ever seen in your entire life? Don't you just want to put it in your pocket and pet it? I'm going to have to find something really cool to do with a tiny amount of yarn, because it's a really nifty colorway, and I don't see any more of it for sale on her etsy store, so I guess I'm stuck with just this much.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

omgggggggggg I LOVE LOVE THOSE!!!!!

I bet he is one happy Hokie!!!!!!

HandMade Goods said...

I totally need to learn how to knit socks! Those are really cool!