Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Hah!

Jessica sweater designed by Jennifer Thurston, knit in Lana Gatto wool by Filatura e Tessitura di Tollegno S.p.A. (or however it's supposed to be capitalized).

This was a fun sweater, one where just about the time I would get sick of knitting on one piece, it was done and it was time to do something else. Of course, that meant it took me four nights to sew the whole mess together, but it's not like I had anything better to do ;)

And it knit up right on target for sizing with the needles and gauge suggested, so whoopee! No adjustments! No disappointingly small sweater!

If I make this again in another colorway, I think I'll sew the striped part onto the picot edge a little differently. The way I did it this time - slip stitching it to the same row I used to turn under the edging - makes it flip out a little too much for my taste. I'd rather have it lay flat, which it should do if I just attach the striped sections a couple rows down the inside of the picot.

All in all, I loved this project - can't wait until it's cool enough to wear it for more than 10 minutes without breaking out in hives! Stupid summer ...

1 comment:

Laura said...

Very cute! You may get your wish, because it's barely 65 here today. Beats that 90+ degree stuff though - anything above 80 is too hot for me!