Pages

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Possible collaboration with another etsy artist

I love the style of the stuff that lollipop art sells on etsy, and I thought it would be fun to try taking some of her images and making them into a quilt. Here's a prototype, hot off the sewing machine:


The images are printed on special fabric, then heat set to make them (sorta) washable. The quilt is machine pieced and machine quilted and is wall-hanging size (about 40" square, I think). And the coolest part is, it's a stash quilt - I didn't have to buy anything to make it! Sometimes that huge chest of leftover fabrics comes in handy, after all : )
I think it would be cool to make these and sell them together with the original art that's reproduced on the quilt - sort of a package deal, you know. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: