Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Emergency Shawl

When it's one week before my sister-in-law's wedding, I'm leaving for the east coast the next day, and I realize that my shoulders look like pizza and I don't want to gross everyone out by exposing them in my halter-style dress, there's only one thing to do: go stash-diving and knit a shawl. Fast. Like, in less than 8 hours of total working time.

Look how well the teal in the yarn matches the awesome sandals I'm going to be wearing. Now THAT'S some good stash-diving!

(I get bonus points for posting this from Dial-Up Land, where it took me damn near as long to upload the photos and post here as it did to make the shawl. Seriously, we have got to do something about my MIL's internet access.)
Oh, and you can find more info on the yarn and pattern (which is free) here. At least, you can if you're on Ravelry!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Very pretty shawl, and I'm impressed that you knitted it up so quickly!

Yep, that dial-up sucks. I'll never go back to it, even to save money. It's not worth the hassle.